WELCOME

~AHLAN WASAHLAN~SELAMAT DATANG~ SYUKRAN JAZILAN~TERIMA KASIH~

Monday, July 18, 2011

Health Benefits Of Pomegranates – So What Do You Believe Is The Truth

The health benefits of pomegranates is something that I am sitting on the fence
Health Benefits Of Pomegranates

Health Benefits Of Pomegranates

about at the minute. I know there has been a serious amount of clinical tests done on the fruit but why has the fruit only come to attention now. When I was growing up as a child I only had ever heard of the fruit but had never actually seen or tasted a pomegranate. So why now am I starting to see the fruits products every where. If its not pomegranate fruit drinks or smoothies its pomegranate teas and jams. So why is this the case.

One reason I can think of is that the fruit was not a common fruit to Europe but was brought to Europe by the Roman armies to Italy and later by the Moors to Spain. Before this time the fruit was really only found in parts of Asia and the Middle East. In this part of the world the people seemed to have revered the fruit and used it as a symbol of health, life and fertility. The ancient doctors of the time apparently used the fruit to fight against diseases and ailments. So it seems that for years the ancient world were ahead of the western world in the medical research front.

Recently for whatever reason the medical industry has started to look into the health benefits of the pomegranate fruit. The clinical studies have shown some very good results for the fruit which seems to be part of the reason way it has exploded on to the market. But has the commercial and media companies just got carried away or is the findings conclusive. On further research it does appear that the medical industry has referred to the fruit as a super fruit, so why would this be so.

Well for a start the research seems to show that the pomegranate is a great source of antioxidants. Further studies have shown that the fruit has nearly three times the antioxidant levels of blueberries. This in itself to me would be very important because of the need for antioxidants in the body to fight free radicals. The pomegranate juice has also shown to help lower high blood pressure which again is very important. But I don’t think that the results where ever conclusive or made as a fact.

Whatever people believe about the health benefits of pomegranates I think that the fruit is here to stay in the western world. I myself have added it to my regular diet just because it is more available today but I don’t know if I fully believe the hype of the commercial companies. These companies are all going to tell you what you want to hear so that they sell more products.

No comments:

Post a Comment