Pomegranate seeds and pomegranate juice have been around from ancient times. The fruit is old and centuries ago was only to be found in places like Iraq, Iran, Egypt and
Pomegranate Juiced I
India. In these areas the fruit was was grown and harvested for food but also for medicine purposes. Back in the ancient times the fruit was used to symbolize health, life and fertility. The fruit was also important enough back in the day to warrant a mention in the old testament and various ancient Greek texts. From these times the fruit has spread to areas along southern Europe and the southern areas of the USA.
The fruit itself is red in colour and grows to about the size of a large orange. The skin of the fruit is hard and leathery in texture and this protects the membrane, pulp and pomegranate seeds which are found inside the fruit. So what is the health benefits of drinking pomegranate juice or eating pomegranate seeds on a regular basis:
* The main health benefits associated with the fruit is the high levels of antioxidants contained with in it. The fruit has almost three times the antioxidant levels of blueberries and green tea. Its these antioxidants that are needed to help the body fight against free radicals.
* Taking the fruit on a regular basis can help reduce the chances of getting heart disease or a stroke. It does this by reducing the amount of bad cholesterol in the blood and also by helping to lower high blood pressure.
* Drinking pomegranate juice can help reduce the build up of dental plaque and can also help with gum disease.
* The juice from the fruit helps to loosen the blood and get it flowing more freely around the body. It has been said that by improving the blood flow in the body that it can help with erectile dysfunction.
* It has also been stated that the fruit is great for your hair and skin and keeps them looking smooth, soft and young. People take the fruit regularly to help with the anti-aging process.
The health benefits of pomegranate juice and pomegranate seeds have become a regular topic in a lot of health and fitness magazines. The more research and tests that is carried out on the fruit the more benefits that seem to be found. Its more available now than it ever was before so why not take a visit to your supermarket today and try it for yourself.