WELCOME

~AHLAN WASAHLAN~SELAMAT DATANG~ SYUKRAN JAZILAN~TERIMA KASIH~

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Health Benefits Of Pomegranates – Don’t Always Believe The Media Hype

You cant read a fitness magazine now with out the health benefits of pomegranates being mentioned in some article or another. I don’t know where the fruit has arrived
Health Benefits Of Pomegranates

Health Benefits Of Pomegranates

from but it seems to have taken the press and super markets by storm. Until recently I had only ever heard about the fruit and seen it in magazine pictures but now I am able to by the fruit in juices, smoothies and jams in my local supermarket. So what exactly is the story behind this once unknown fruit and can all the hype be believed.

Maybe i’m a bit of a cynic but I tend to step very carefully when I see a lot of hype and media attention being pushed towards an item. I honestly think that these days people read articles or see advertising ads and just buy items with out any research. I’m a bit different as i’ll always spend time doing some background searches and that’s exactly what I did with the pomegranate health benefits that I have been reading about. Here’s what I have found out from my checks:

* The pomegranates biggest claim to health is that it is an antioxidant power house. The fruit has shown extremely high levels of antioxidants. The medical researchers are claiming that the fruit has almost 3 times more antioxidants than blueberries or green tea.
* The medical industry have said that the pomegranate fruit would help to lower high blood pressure. Also they have said that the fruit can help to reduce the levels of bad cholesterol in your body. These effects will help to keep your heart healthy and reduce the chances of having strokes or heart disease.
* The fruit itself is packed with fibre and potassium but also contains vitamin A, C and E.
* The fruit contains folic acid which is a great component to any expecting mothers diet.
* Because the fruit helps the blood to move more easily around the body people have claimed that the fruit can also help with erectile dysfunction.

These are some of the health benefits of pomegranates that the medical industry have found. I would also like to point out that none of the test results are conclusive. There has been been lots of trails and clinical tests done but none of the results have been stated as fact by the medical profession. Now I am not saying that the fruit gives no benefits but it goes to show what media hype can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment